Travel to Romania? Here is the top six non-mainstream or monument-related experiences you should look for:
1. A day in a Rroma family. Far from what you would expect from the press, you will discover the hospitality of these misunderstood people.
2. A visit of the Cozmesti village, in the Iasi county, especially during the festival of the brass bands. This will be a loud experience indeed!
3. A Romanian wedding. You could either choose a traditional reenactment in a Transylvanian village, like Sibiel, or better, a real one, modern and a bit kitsch. For the later, if you’re a party animal, we recommend one in Moldavia. It will be a real challenge to survive until dawn!
4. The Sibiu International Theatre Festival – there’s hardly any better and livelier atmosphere in Romania than that you’ll find in Sibiu in June. Just to have an idea: it’s comparable to Edinburgh or Avignon during the festivals!
5. Go clubbing! Hardly you’ll find any better place than Romania, especially if you like beautiful women.
6. Enduro. Romania gives you the opportunity to take a bike ride into some of the wildest areas in Europe. Well, how do you think about your travel to Romania now?